Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's been a while...

Two and a half years, actually.  Posting here has been on my mind more lately as I stumble my way through my latest adventure -- serving as School Administrator for Hope Academy.  It's the job I've always wanted. Eight years into ministry & life in Glenwood, and I finally have a full-time job here.  It's been way more intense and demanding than I ever expected.  It's also been a more perfect fit for my skill-set than I ever have imagined.  Every day it becomes increasingly evident that God has been preparing me for such a day as this, and I'm so grateful that He did.

Hope Academy is a private, Christ-based middle school for kids in Glenwood.  Now that Glenwood has my full attention (and is no longer being fit in after work & on weekends), I am thinking more and more about this work that we're called to.  Thinking more about generational cycles. Thinking about race relations. Thinking youth ministry. Thinking about more things than I can possibly list here.

Looking back over posts from the last several years, I've realized that God taught me a lot while writing on this blog.  It only seems fair to continue to process here, if only so that I can go back and remember later.

No comments: