Thursday, June 12, 2008

Essays...

The kids essays have started coming in a little more now, and it's been fascinating to read them. I shared one with you in my last post, when I asked you to guess what grade the writer was in. For the record, he was in 7th grade.

It's been neat to read the kids' opinions when it comes to what the perfect president would be like, and you can pick up hints of what each family is going through based on the things that are important to each child. I want to share some more of these with you -- I'll post one at a time over the next few days or so. Feel free to comment if something strikes you, but definitely take time to consider what is heavy on the hearts of this generation.


The Prefect President

Hi my name is ____ _____ _____. I am about to tell you what I think The Prefect President would be.

First I think that the prefect president would be black. I think this because there is no black presidents. It would be the first all black president.

Secondly I think it should be a all black female because it hasn't been a all black female either.

Next I would want it too be demacrate. I want it to be that because that is may favorite president side.

That is all the thing I would want in a president.

That is not all I want. This is the rest of the things I want too happening when this prefect president is choosing.

First I would want her to stop the war. Then I would want her too make peace with every single place in the world.

After that I would want her too send all The soilder home to be with there family.

Then I would want her to stop immagation.

I would walso want every body to have a job. I would want all the bumb to have somewhere to live with lots of food.

I would want all the bad thing to stop with who every listen to the president. She will be so prefect that she will serve 8 yrs in the Presidents place. So every body will call her the prefect president.

No comments: